- Watch the Show
“If you want someone to be engaged at work, you have to make their work engaging. It’s that simple.” 40 min
- Listen to the Podcast
Unpacking the Science Behind Motivation with Neel Doshi, Vega Factor
POPS! Podcast: Unpacking the Science Behind Motivation
What you need to know about motivating, engaging, and coaching remotely and why orgs that get motivation right will thrive post-pandemic.
POPS! Unpacking the Science Behind Motivation with Neel Doshi, New York Times Bestseller Author
It’s no secret that motivation is the precursor to high performance, so why do organizations still struggle to motivate their employees?
On this episode, Neel joins the People Ops Podcast to talk about six fundamental motivators of human behavior, how to optimize the right ones to create TOMO, and why motivation is critical to adaptability in a post-pandemic future.
On this episode, you'll hear:
- What inspired Neel to master the science that governs motivation and performance
- How remote work is impacting motivation and leadership
- The three direct motivators organizations should maximize
- The three indirect motivators that organizations should minimize
- Why people who are driven by indirect motivators are less adaptable, and why that’s a problem
- How small business and startup leaders can create motivating environments
- Why it's crucial to get motivation right to thrive in a future of hyper-competition and change
After you listen: